HEALTH SERVICES IN THE SCHOOL
Ambassador School Health Services are provided to children, by a qualified doctor and a nurse to protect and promote health and to ensure that every child at Ambassador School is insured against injuries.
These services are designed to ensure access or referral to the Health Centre, prevent and control communicable disease and other health problems, provide emergency care for illness and promote and provide optimum sanitary condition for a safe school facility and school environment.
The closest hospital to Sharjah Ambassador School is Zulekha Hospital
ROLE OF A SCHOOL NURSE
- Attends to students with injuries or other conditions requiring medical attention.
- Administers medication whenever required.
- Plans and conducts health education activities in the school.
- Maintains the medical record of every student.
- Plans and assist school doctor to conduct medical examination of all students.
- Sends records and reports to DHA as per the guideline.
- Regularly checks the school environment to ensure of its cleanliness and safety.
- Advises parents to keep the student at home during the period of communicable disease.
- Updates knowledge, skills and practice as per requirement.
ROLE OF A SCHOOL DOCTOR
- Conducts comprehensive medical examination of all students.
- Screens the students for all body system
- Records all the finding in the school health record, specifying any defect or abnormality.
- Refers and follows up students with abnormal finding to the health centre or hospital.
Emergency Contact Numbers:
Electricity, Water, Gas 991
EMERGENCY PROTOCOL FLOW CHART